Poveda Spirituality Center
The POVEDA Spirituality Program forms persons who look at and act in the world with Christian criteria and are able to work with others in transforming society, who, like Jesus, are persons for all. It adopts the pastoral cycle approach, see (ver) – pray (orar) – judge (juzgar) – act (actuar) in its approach of being and doing in society.
The Campus Ministry, under the Poveda Spirituality Center, responds to the spiritual and pastoral needs of the whole institution and promotes spiritual growth of every member in the community. It provides the worship dimension of the faith development of the students and other members of the school community.
Social Action Programs
“Social outreach is a consequence of Christian faith, shown in different ways: seeing society with the eyes of faith, letting ourselves be challenged by it, listening to the needs and pain of people, radically changing self-centered attitudes and behavior. Our goal is to change students’ indifference into caring attention and commitment to others, whether that be to individuals, groups, countries of good causes.” (Handing on the Faith in a Teresian School. 2011)
The Social Action Programs are venues for the Povedans to foster critical awareness and instill the values of initiative, service and justice.It provides the moral dimension of the faith development of the students and other members of the school community.
Malay Sarili Program (Kinder 1 to Grade 3)
It develops the self-awareness of the Kinder to Grade 3 students in their Christian Life Education classes with the help of the Guidance Center.
Malay Kapwa Program (Grades 4 to 6)
- Ugnayan is an interaction between the Grade 6 and Grade 1 students in the earlier part of the Academic Year and later between the Grade 6 students of POVEDA and Grade 2 students of a partner-school.
- Panuluyan Program is a celebration of partnership between the Grade School and High School Departments with the partner communities.
Malay Lipunan Program (Grades 7 to 12)
- Talaban is a community-based project for Grades 10-12 students where they involve themselves in a community, integrating what they are learning (and have learned) in the community.
- Panuluyan is a celebration of partnership between the Grade School and High School Departments with the partner communities.
- Panagpuan is an interaction between Grades 4-12 students with various groups such as abandoned young people, elderly, differently- abled, and urban poor communities.
Kasambahay Development Program
provides seminars, trainings, workshops and spiritual formations for the yayas / child-minders and drivers.
Elisa Giambelluca Education Assistance Program (EGEAP)
provides grants to parishes and poor communities to help send young people to school.